From time to time, parents and guardians may not agree with actions taken by staff at their child’s school or may have concerns about how their child is getting along with other students. This conflict can feel uncomfortable for all involved, but it is also an opportunity to advocate for your student’s needs, learn more about your child and his/her school, find common ground and improve your communication with the school. The Moreno Valley Unified School District welcomes constructive criticism when it is motivated by a sincere desire to improve the quality of our educational programs and provide support for our students.
Steps to take if you have a concern:
- Gather the facts
Noting details, like times, places and who was involved can be helpful in determining how to narrow down and resolve the issue. Keep in mind, you may not have all the details of the situation.
- Meet with involved parties
Express your concern calmly, respectfully and listen to their perspective.
- Contact the site administrator
Administrators will need time to investigate your concern depending on the issue. Please allow 1-2 business days for a response.
Although you have the right to file a complaint against an employee, if your concern or complaint is regarding any of the below topics, please submit a report via these pages:
Williams Complaint: Deficiencies related to instructional materials, conditions of facilities that are not maintained in a clean or safe manner or in good repair, and teacher vacancy or misassignment.
Title IX (Sex Equity)
We always encourage individuals to raise concerns directly with those involved whenever possible. That's not always an option depending on the situation so it may be advised to bring a concern to a principal or vice principal. The district also provides the following methods to share concerns and assist in resolving problems:
- If your concern remains unresolved at the school site level, contact the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will work with you to help facilitate conversations with your school site and across district departments to find a resolution.
- If you want to move forward with officially filing a complaint against the employee, you may complete the District Employee Complaint Form. Please download the file, complete it to the best of your ability and bring it to the Human Resources Department located at the Romelio Ruiz Community Education Center (main district office building): 25634 Alessandro Blvd., Moreno Valley, CA 92553. The complaint must be filed with the immediate supervisor or administrator of the employee within 30 calendar days after complainant knew of events giving rise to this compliant.
- If your concern alleges violations of federal laws or regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and/or bullying based on actual or perceived sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, sexual preference, ancestry, ethnic group identification, gender, gender expression, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or on the basis of a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics regarding certain academic programs, pupil fees or LCAP, you may consider filing a Uniform Complaint .